Tuesday 6 April 2010

Email from Nghiem

Hi Nghiem,

The team consists of two people, myself and Andrew Bennett.
Just had a look at the DS game, really loved the idea of the dragon
illustrations coming to life from the book, maybe i could think of a nice
way to make the transition into 3d.

We'll do some varied storyboards for the 'spell to catch a dragon' and you
can choose which one you like or what you like of each so we could draft
another storyboard for you.

We are planning to get the storyboards finished by the end of this week so
we can begin the model next week, the schedule is on my blog;

http://lydiafabian-ology.blogspot.com/

So if i get you to have a look through the storyboards which we can send
to you within the next few days. It would be great if you can give us your
feedback ideally before the end of next week.

Thank you again,

Lydia Fabian

-----------------

Hi Lydia,

I hope you are well. Thank you for chasing me. It's all pretty manic at the
moment, so please free feel to contact and prompt me. Don't let me hold you
up.

Thanks for your emails. I did get them, had to retrieve them from a junk
file but it often happens.

Your assignment brief looks very well structured and your project brief
looks straight forward and very interesting. I look forward to seeing your
final film. I would love to see your storyboards and ideas for art
direction, only if you are happy to do so.

We are currently sorting out an agreement document for you. In the
assignment brief, it mentioned you working in a team? May I ask, are you
heading a project team of 2 or 3 people? I may have to organise additional
agreement notes for them.

In your previous email, you asked about Dragonology artwork in 3-D formats.
If you go to the Ologyworld.com site, via the green dragon on the armchair
you will find information on the Nintendo DS game. In the far right of the
library room, you will find a stone model of a dragon, this link will take
you a page where you are see a Augmented Reality 3-D dragon (there a preview
video too).

The Nintendo dragons are simpler in their visualisation due to the
resolution and capacity of the console.

The Augmented Reality dragon is the most complex 3-D dragon we've
commissioned. To see the experience, you will need a copy of the Compendium
book and download the plug-in.

I hope things are going well. Let me know if I can be of further help.

Regards,
Nghiem

------------

On 31/3/10 10:32, "Lydia Fabian" wrote:

Good morning Nghiem,

I am just emailing you to check that you had received my email last Wednesday 24th March, containing the breakdown of the brief and content we intend to use in creating the animation?

Thank you,

Lydia Fabian

No comments:

Post a Comment